Hawaiian cheesecake Recipe is super easy to make and so delish. It was an instant favorite after the first time trying to make it.
- 1-3/4 cups flaked coconut
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 drop yellow food coloring
- Fresh mint and edible orchids for garnish, optional
In a small bowl, combine the coconut and butter. Press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, sugar and flour until smooth.
Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in sour cream and vanilla until blended. Pour filling onto crust.
Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until center is almost set (top of cheesecake may crack). Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
For sauce, combine the sugar and cornstarch in a large saucepan. Stir in the pineapple. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
Add food coloring if desired. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Spread pineapple sauce over cheesecake. Garnish with mint and orchids if desired.
Recipe adapted from and Photo courtesy of: TasteofHome.com