Jump to recipe
Sriracha is almost everywhere these days. Why not use it to give your boring stir fry a little kick, like this Stir Fried Sriracha Shrimp recipe?
Stir Fried Sriracha Shrimp
Sriracha is almost everywhere these days. Why not use it to give your boring stir fry a little kick?
- 1 pound medium-size shrimp (heads removed and peeled)
- 1 Tablespoon Sriracha
- 1 Tablespoon Oyster Sauce
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 Jamaican long pepper, chopped fine (or other hot pepper of choice)
- Marinate shrimp in sriracha, oyster sauce, salt and pepper for 5-10 minutes.
- Place wok or skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter then saute garlic until softened and fragrant (1 minute).
- Add the hot pepper and green onion and saute aromatics for another minute.
- Add the shrimp into the sauteed aromatics and toss or “stir-fry”. Cook for no longer than 2 minutes or until shrimps curl-up (shrimp can overcook in a matter of seconds).
- Serve with steamed rice or toasted baguette slices.
Recipe adapted from and photo courtesy of: God of Scrump Recipes / CC BY-ND