You can make this favorite Slow Cooker Orange Chicken right in your slow cooker. It doesn’t get any easier than that. Saucy and sweet and sure to be a weeknight winner.
- 2 large carrots, peeled and sliced about 1/2-inch thick
- 2 large red or green bell peppers, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tbs. low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 8 ounces orange juice concentrate
- 2 cups Mandarin orange segments or fresh orange segments
- 2 Green onions, chopped
- hot cooked rice
Put carrots, peppers, garlic, then the chicken, soy sauce, ginger, salt, pepper & frozen orange juice in Crock pot.
Cover and cook on LOW 4 to 6 hours. Serve chicken on hot cooked rice on platter. Top with orange segments and green onions. Serve chicken liquid in gravy boat, if desired.
Stir fry Chinese veggies to go with this. I use Napa cabbage, baby corn, water chestnuts, bamboo shoots and broccoli.