Recipe for Scalloped Potatoes with Ham and Cheese – Here is a good way to use up all of that leftover Easter ham that you know you will end up with.
Here is a good way to use up all of that leftover Easter ham that you know you will end up with.
- 1 Cup Heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 Cup chicken broth
- 1/2 Cup chopped onion
- 2 tsp. fresh minced garlic
- 2 T. Flour
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Pepper
- 6 Cups baking potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 Cups cubed, half-inch deli ham
- 1 C. shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
- 1 C. shredded Cheddar cheese
- Heat oven to 375°F. Combine whipping cream, chicken broth, onion, garlic, flour, salt and pepper in 2-quart saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until bubbles appear around edges and mixture is thickened (4 to 5 minutes).Layer half of potatoes in greased 2-quart casserole dish or 13×9-inch baking dish. Sprinkle with ham, 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese and 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese. Cover with remaining potatoes. Pour hot cream mixture over potatoes; cover. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until potatoes are tender when pierced with fork.