Impress your breakfast guests with these quick and easy Mini Apple Pie Pancake Kabobs. For a little extra flair, alternate pancakes with apple slices.
Mini Apple Pie Pancake Kabobs
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons Original Bisquick™ mix
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup chopped Granny Smith apples
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Butter for skillet or griddle, as desired
- 4 or 5 (10-inch) bamboo skewers, cut in half
- Whipped cream and syrup for garnish
- In large bowl, mix Bisquick mix, milk, egg, apples, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla until just combined.
- Heat 10-inch cast-iron skillet or griddle over medium heat. Lightly coat inside of skillet with butter.
- Drop tablespoonfuls of batter into skillet; cook until edges are dry and bubbles begin to form on the surface. Turn and cook until golden brown. Repeat with remaining batter, adding more butter as needed to keep skillet lightly greased.
- Place 4 to 5 pancakes on each skewer with dollops of whipped cream between each pancake. Top with syrup, and serve.