Recipe for Italian Potato Salad – This delicious Italian Potato Salad can be served as a great side dish or for parties, picnics or barbecues. This dish is full of vegetables and flavor.
This delicious Italian Potato Salad can be served as a great side dish or for parties, picnics or barbecues. This dish is full of vegetables and flavor.
- 3 pounds of red potatoes
- 4 hard boiled eggs, sliced
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 3 stalks of celery, chopped
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- 4 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp of dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp of dried thyme
- 1/4 cup of fresh basil, shredded
- 1/4 cup of fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup of red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup of mayonnaise
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of fresh ground black pepper
- In a medium size pot of boiling water, cook the potatoes until tender. Around 10 to 20 minutes.
- Remove the potatoes from the water ant let cool.
- Place the eggs in a pot of cold water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
- Run the eggs under cold water to cool.
- Peel and slice the eggs and cut the potatoes in half and place in a large bowl.
- Add the onion, celery, cucumber, tomatoes, garlic, oregano, thyme, basil and parsley and gently mix.
- Stir in the oil, vinegar, mayonnaise, salt and pepper.
- Chill over night in the fridge.