Jump to recipe
Recipe for Frozen Strawberry Lemonade – Add a new twist to an old summer standby with this delicious lemonade “slushee” that happily marries strawberries and lemons.
Frozen Strawberry Lemonade
Add a new twist to an old summer standby with this delicious lemonade “slushee” that happily marries strawberries and lemons.
- 2 cups frozen (or fresh) strawberries (about 24 strawberries)
- 1/2 cup crushed ice (or smallest cubes possible)
- 1/2 cup lemon juice (fresh or bottled)
- 3 packets of sugar substitute or 2 Tablespoons of sugar (or to taste)
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 lemon, sliced, for garnish
- 1 Tablespoon of ginger, fresh or dried (finely chopped)
- A few mint leaves
- Allow frozen strawberries to thaw slightly.
- Before placing ice cubes in blender, crush large chunks by sealing securely inside a Ziploc® Brand Storage Bag and rolling over the bag firmly with a rolling pin.
- Combine lemon juice, strawberries, sugar substitute or sugar, crushed ice and water in blender jar. If blades get stuck, add more water.
- Blend on high with lid tightly secured until smooth and thick.
- Pour into glasses and serve immediately. Garnish with a slice of lemon, if desired.
Recipe and Photo courtesy of: RightatHome.com