I love this French Toast Bake recipe because it is so easy, economical.. and oh-so-delicious! The best part is that it is made the day before so there is no fuss on the day you eat it….perfect for a Sunday afternoon or brunch.
I love this French Toast Bake recipe because it is so easy, economical.. and oh-so-delicious!
- 1/2 cup melted butter (1 stick)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 loaf Texas toast
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar for sprinkling
- Melt butter in microwave & add brown sugar….stir till mixed.
- Pour butter/sugar mix into bottom of 9 x 13 pan….spread around
- Beat eggs, milk, & vanilla
- Lay single layer of Texas Toast in pan
- Spoon 1/2 of egg mixture on bread layer. Add 2nd layer of Texas Toast. Spoon on remaining egg mixture
- Cover & chill in fridge overnight
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes (covered for the first 30 minutes)
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Serve with warm maple syrup