Delight in this Mexican favorite, filled with lean ground turkey, bell pepper, tomatoes, chilies, black olives and corn layered between corn tortillas and shredded cheese.
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 cup(s) chopped green or red bell pepper
- 1 pound(s) lean ground turkey
- 2 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
- 1 can(s) (14-1⁄2 or 15 oz) diced tomatoes with garlic and onion
- 1/2 cup(s) enchilada sauce
- 1 can(s) (4 oz) chopped green chiles
- 1 cup(s) frozen corn kernels
- 3/4 cup(s) canned sliced black olives
- Four 6- to 8-in. corn or flour tortillas
- 1 bag(s) (8 oz) shredded light 4-cheese Mexican blend
- Toppings: sour cream, and chopped tomato, onion and scallion
You’ll need a round 3-qt glass baking dish (casserole).
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add pepper; sauté 3 to 4 minutes. Add turkey; cook, breaking up chunks, 5 minutes or until no longer pink. Stir in cumin, tomatoes, enchilada sauce and chiles.
Bring to a simmer and cook 10 minutes to develop flavors. Off heat, stir in corn and olives.
Heat oven to 350°F.
Line bottom of baking dish with 2 tortillas. Top with 1⁄2 the meat mixture, then about 1⁄3 the cheese. Top with a tortilla, the remaining meat filling, 1⁄2 the remaining cheese, then remaining tortilla. Cover with foil.
Bake 30 minutes. Uncover, sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake 10 minutes or until filing bubbles. Cool 5 to 10 min. before cutting in wedges.
Serve with toppings.