This one is, in my opinion, the best Creamy Southern Pasta Salad. Guaranteed to be a hit at potlucks and picnics or a simple weeknight meal.
Creamy Southern Pasta Salad
- 8 ounce Macaroni
- 1/2 cup finely diced celery
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup diced green bell pepper
- 2 thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup sweet salad cubes (sweet pickle relish)
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup crumbled, small cubed or shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Cook pasta in rolling well salted boiling water just under the time on package or al dente. Drain into a colander, rinse briefly with cold water and allow to drain.
- In a medium bowl, combine the celery, red and green bell peppers, onion, salad cubes, vinegar, seasoning salt and black pepper. Mix well.
- Fold in the mayonnaise and the sour cream blending well. Taste and add additional salt if needed. Fold in the pasta, cover and refrigerate overnight or at least 4 hours.
- Fold in the cheese before serving or up to several hours if needed to transport is fine.
Recipe and Photo: Drick’s Rambling Cafe