Recipe for Big and Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies – My daughter made these cookies today for her grandchildren and they are the best oatmeal cookies I have ever had. You simply have to try them.
My daughter made these cookies today for her grandchildren and they are the best oatmeal cookies I have ever had. You simply have to try them.
- 1 1/2 Cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt (use ¼ tsp. if starting with salted butter)
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. freshly grated NUTMEG
- 2 sticks butter,unsalted softened
- 1/2 tsp. PURE VANILLA EXTRACT
- 1 Cup light brown sugar, packed
- 3/4 Cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 Cups oatmeal
- 1 1/2 Cups raisins
- Adjust oven racks to low and middle positions and preheat oven to 350°.
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, salt, baking powder and NUTMEG; set aside.
- Beat the butter and VANILLA until creamy.
- Add the sugars and beat until fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture and mix well.
- Fold in the oats and raisins.
- Roll the dough into generous 2-inch balls. Place the balls on the cookie sheets, leaving at least 2 inches between each ball.
- Bake at 350° until the cookie edges turn golden brown, about 20-25 minutes.
- Halfway through the baking time switch the cookie sheets from top to bottom and turn them from front to back.
- Place the cookie sheets on a cooling rack and let the cookies cool completely before removing.