Jump to recipe
Recipe for Avocado Steak Boats – A hand held single serving of melt in your mouth happiness!
Avocado Steak Boats
A hand held single serving of melt in your mouth happiness!
- 3 Avocados
- 2 Pounds of thin cut steak
- 1 1/2 Cups shredded Cheese (I used Pepper Jack)
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 Tablespoons salsa
Making Your Guacamole:
- Carefully cut avocados in half and spoon the insides out into a large bowl.
- Rinse the skins out and set them aside for now.
- Mash your avocados into a paste and add your salsa, salt, and lemon. Then mix everything thoroughly.
Making Your Steak Boats:
- Season your meat with a basic dry rub. I just used a little salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion power.
- Fully cook your steaks on the grill, then cut them into little pieces.
- Mix your meat it in a bowl with about 1/2 to 2/3 your guacamole.
- Spoon your mix into the avocado skins, add some shredded cheese, and press everything down firmly.
- Place your boats back on the grill for a few minutes to let the cheese melt and guacamole heat up.
- Serve with a little guacamole and salsa on top if you want to make it look extra fancy.
Recipe and Photo: Instructables